A Powerful New Mining Cable
Nexans AmerCable, the leader in mining cable innovation, now offers RFID-enabled SHD-GC and Mine Power Feeder mining cables. RFID technology is widely used in a variety of industrial applications, but this is a first for mining power cables.
By weaving a small string of passive RFID chips into the cable’s core prior to jacketing, Nexans AmerCable gives customers the ability to access real-time cable information. Using a scanner and the Nexans Smart Inventory Management (SIM) app, they can see each cable’s:
- Identification data
- Repair history
- Technical data
- Repair manuals / documentation
These RFID chips, which are programmed in the AmerCable factory, require no external power and run the length of the cable.
FIELD CABLE MANAGEMENT
A handheld scanner and mobile phone provides instant access to a cable’s vital information, eliminating guesswork about its history and suitability for duty.
OFFICE CABLE MANAGEMENT
SIM delivers a variety of desktop options and information screens that help you share data throughout the organization.
- Reel & Cable Management
- Overview of your cable inventory, collectively or by location
- Individual cable details, including repair history
- Notifications from operators
- Data sheets, repair manuals, certifications and other important product support documents
Select your country to find our products and solutions
- Central Europe
- France - Power Accessories
- Germany - Cryogenic Systems
- Italy Intercond
- Sweden - Axjo Kabel
- UK - Eshop
- UK - Power Accessories