Browsing of our web sites and most other services do not require any personally identifying information.
In certain sections of the site, in order to provide you with products or services that may be of interest, you may be invited to provide 'personal' information that identifies you that is to say your first name, last name, e-mail address, or other contact information that you may voluntarily submit to us: job title, function, country, language preference, business phone, mobile phone, fax number, fields of interest, company name, company type, postal address of the company, number of employees.
Visitors of the site can choose not to enter any personal information.
Nexans may collect limited non-personally identifying information your browser makes available whenever you visit a website. This log information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your query and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We use this information to better understand user behavior and to further improve our offering. When we require personally identifying information, we will inform you about the types of information we collect and how we use it. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing your personal information with us. It is then up to you to decide if you want to provide the information or not.
Please note that, once you register on the site, your data will be stored as long as your account remains active on the site. However, if Nexans does not witness any activity over a period of 24 months, it gets classified as inactive account and your data will be anonymized.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Data available to Nexans will be used for the purpose of the technical administration of our website, responding to your direct enquiries and may also be used to provide you with additional information related to content viewed online. You will be able to unsubscribe to marketing communications at any stage. All marketing emails will include unsubscribe links or you can request this at any time by emailing the contact below.
In certain circumstances, direct contractual partners of Nexans such as outsourced agencies/external partners (e.g. an event organizer acting on behalf of Nexans or any its affiliated companies) may have access to limited information necessary to contact you. At all times we will ensure that contractual partners of Nexans put in place a comparable level of data protection.
Beyond the above, no personal data information will be shared with third parties.
We do not sell or transfer your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
- We have your expressed consent.
- We conclude that we are required by law.
- We may store and process personal information collected on our site in any country in which Nexans or our hosting providers maintain facilities. By using our services, you consent to the transfer of your information among these facilities, including those located outside your country.
- We may share aggregated information with others which do not include any personally identifying information.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to your personally identifying information to Nexans employees who need to know that information in order to fulfill your request or supply our services.
Right to Information
In accordance with Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation we will be prepared to address any requests made by our users related to their expanded individual rights under the GDPR:
- Right to be forgotten: you may terminate your NEXANS account at any time, in which case we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
- Right to object: you may opt out of inclusion of your data in our data science projects simply by changing the Privacy Setting on your account.
- Right of portability: we will export your account data to a third party at any time upon your request.
- You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data. The responsible party in accordance with Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation can be contacted at email@example.com or at our postal address at the attention of the “Data Protection Officer”.
The external sites linked to the Nexans web sites are developed by people over whom Nexans exercises no control. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
Changes to this Policy
Nexans this Legal Notice shall be governed by French Law without regard to its provisions on conflicts of laws.
Nexans, société anonyme
4 allée de l’Arche
92070 Paris La Défense Cedex
RCS Paris 393 525 852
Select your country to find our products and solutions