TC-ER-HL Crush & Impact Resistant Without External Armoring.
Power, Control & Instrumentation.
CIR-2 is ideal for oil patch applications where you need a crush & impact rated cable but don't want to mess with Type MC. CIR-2 cables comply with the requirements for hazardous location cables required by UL 2225. This highly robust cable offers significant advantages over Type MC:
- Highly flexible for easier installation and can also be reused during an upgrade or retrofit.
- Insulated with GEXOL®
- Smaller bend radius (up to 40% smaller) and Reduced tray fill (up to 35% less) compared to Type MC
- Gas & vapor tight – impervious to water and air
- Rated TC-ER-HL
“ Two things contractors and engineers can’t stop raving about are the flexibility of the CIR-2 cable and the easiness of prepping for terminations. ”
- UL Listed as TC-ER-HL (E123629): Suitable for Class 1, Div 1 and Zone 1 environments
- UL Listed as Type TC-ER: Suitable for use in Class I, Div 2 and Zone 2 environments
- Severe cold durability:
Exceeds CSA cold bend/cold impact (-40°C/-35°F). Brittlepoint as per ASTM D 7646-07 exceeds -65°C for Jacket and -75°C for insulation n 90°C temperature rating
- Flame Retardant – IEEE 1202
For more information:
- CIR does not expose cable installers to the sharp metal armor edges created during Type MC cable prep.
- The only tool required to prep CIR is a knife, whereas Type MC requires an expensive box of tools and a multi-step procedure for jacket removal
- CIR’s jacket and insulaton are easy to strip and its flexibility makes it easier to handle.
- Glands for CIR-2 cables cost up to 50% LESS than those for Type MC.
- CIR-2 has a lower total installed cost.
Up to 38% LESS!
Select your country to find our products and solutions